Clotting & Blood Disorders
The mission of the Bleeding & Clotting Disorders Institute (BCDI) is to provide integrated, family oriented care for persons with bleeding, clotting & other blood disorders. As a nonprofit, we provide specialized health care services and education to both patients and their families.
We recognize that personalized health care from experienced, caring professionals is a key component in achieving a high quality of life. Our multidisciplinary staff are experts in bleeding, clotting, and blood-related disorders. We treat the whole person, not just their symptoms.
Blood disorders that we treat Include:
Clotting disorders that we treat include:
Referrals to BCDI come from physicians, hospitals, and self-referrals throughout the "downstate" Illinois area. BCDI collaborates with other health care providers for the coordination of care and to minimize the need for travel and hospitalizations. The cooperation between professionals results in best possible care for patients.
Services We Provide:
- Prevention and overall healthy living
- Early diagnosis and intervention to prevent complications
- Assessment and treatment by a team of specialists
- On-call medical personnel available after hours
- Education and training in self-care and health management
- Training for home and / or self infusions
- Psychosocial assessments; individual and family counseling
- Assistance with health insurance issues
- Coordination of care with other health providers
- Education of school nurses and daycare providers, as needed
- Education for medical professionals on management of blood disorders
- Access to cutting-edge research studies
During one comprehensive clinic visit, patients are seen by the nurse coordinators, hematologist, physical therapist, dentist, social services coordinator and others for an up-to-date assessment.