We packed the Five Points banquet room with over 300 guests. Some highlights of the evening were as follows:
- Dr. Tarantino and BCDI's Administrator, Kollet Koulianos, together with Bob Robinson, the President of the Bleeding Disorders Alliance of Illinois, presented State Representative Mike Unes with the annual Bleeding Disorders Advocacy Award.
- Megan Schwerman, one of three scholarship award recipients, received a standing ovation for her heartfelt testimonial about what the scholarship means to and her family.
- Shelli Dankoff McClellan was a most entertaining host. She kept the crowd engaged by poking fun at some of the questions and answers during the trivia game.
- The silent auction was bustling with friendly competition for some of the enticing baskets full of generously donated gifts from local vendors and beyond.
- The three raffle winners were thrilled to receive their raffle prizes which were lavishly donated by Bremer Jewelry and IT360.
- And finally, the big hit of the evening, pulled off with much aplomb by BCDI Business Administrator, Kollet Koulianos, was the “Let’s Get Lei’d Game”; the winner received an LCD television.
Hope to see all of you back in 2015!