Hemophilia Treatment Centers
Being diagnosed with a congenital or chronic disease, such as a bleeding disorder, is a family affair. Often times, a bleeding disorder requires lifestyle changes that not only affect the patient, but their loved ones, as well.
Many people with bleeding disorders find comfort at their Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC). We understand the new challenges facing you, such as new relationships with the healthcare system, new treatments and therapies, and new terminology to master. Hemophilia Treatment Centers have been a resource for many years due to the staff's understanding of the unique needs associated with a bleeding disorder.
At the Bleeding & Clotting Disorders Institute, we not only deliver state-of-the art medical care, but we also offer tremendous emotional support to patients and families. Our multidisciplinary team of providers work together to make sure you receive the highest quality of care possible.
Your HTC care team includes:
- Hematologists - Specialists in blood disorders.
- Nurse Coordinators - Medical specialists in hemophilia care. The nurse is probably the person you will see most frequently.
- Social Service Coordinator - Specialists who assist you with the issues of daily living, such as adjusting to hemophilia and locating resources (e.g., insurance, transportation, housing).
- Physical Therapists - Specialists in activity, exercise and rehabilitation.
- Dentists - Specialists in disorders of the teeth and gums. The dentists at HTCs are experts in treating children and adults with oral bleeding problems.
- Patients and Their Families - You are also an important member of the treatment team. The staff needs your input to develop a plan of care that will ensure you remain healthy, active and able to live successfully with the challenge of a bleeding disorder.
Individuals who visit an HTC are confident that they are getting the best quality care from experienced, attentive providers who are dedicated to their health. They take time to develop integrated treatment care plans for patients and families, ensuring that you receive individualized treatment according to your unique needs and goals.